Oppo has officially unveiled the Oppo Ace 2 which is a successor to last year's Reno Ace smartphone. One of the main selling points of Ace 2 is its amazingly fast charging capability for its 4,000mAh battery. With the propriety Oppo SuperVOOC 2.0 technology, you can charge your Ace 2 smartphone at a whopping 65 Watts! Wireless charging is equally impressive with a record-shattering 40 Watts thanks to AirVOOC support.
Oppo Ace 2
For your peace of mind, do note that SuperVOOC 2.0 has received TÜV Rheinland Safety Certification. You can easily FULLY charged your Ace 2 in just 30 minutes at 65 watts through wired charging; Likewise you will only need 45 minutes for a full wireless recharge. Even a 5-minute charge is enough for an hour's of work. This goes to show how important battery life and charging capabilities are. Interestingly the Ace 2 itself can wirelessly reverse charge other compatible device at 10 watts which is pretty amazing if you ask me.
40 Watts Air VOOC Wireless Fast Charging
Oppo Ace 2 Key Specifications At A Glance
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR display with 90Hz refresh rate, 500nit (typical) brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut plus Corning Gorilla glass 5 protection.
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM + Storage:
- 8GB RAM with 128GB Storage
- 8GB RAM with 256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- 12GB RAM with 256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- 48MP rear main camera with LED flash, 0.8um pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, 8MP 116° UltraWide Lens f/2.2 aperture, 3cm macro, 2MP portrait and 2MP mono lens f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing selfie camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 4000mAh battery with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 Flash Charge, 40W Air VOOC wireless fast charging
- ColorOS 7.1 (Android 10)
- Dual SIM
Snapdragon 865 5G Chipset
Under the hood, Oppo Ace 2 is powered by a powerful Snapdragon 865 5G chipset. There are 3 different memory and storage configurations with the the most premium variant topping it off with a whopping 12GB of RAM and 256GB of UFS storage. The 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED supports HDR10+ and has a refresh rate of 90Hz as well as 180Hz of touch sampling rate which is definitely a boon for gamers and visual multimedia consumers. You will be happy to note that Ace 2 has HyperBoost 3.0 Technology and cooling system. The cooling system is actually made up of cooper plate and graphite sheets which will be an added advantage when you are playing power-hungry games.
In terms of photography Ace 2 is absolutely not a pushover, boasting a 48MP main camera, an 8MP 116° UltraWide sensor together with 2MP macro and 2MP portrait sensors. Besides supporting high-quality low light performance to enhance night mode, you can also capture 4K video at 60fps using its Quad-camera setup. Those who enjoy binge-watching movies and dramas using Netflix or Disney+ will be happy to note that there is inclusion of Dolby Atmos stereo speakers for more immersive sound quality. Unfortunately and unsurprisingly headphone jack has been given the miss here.
Watch Oppo Ace 2 advertisement
Oppo Ace 2 will be available in 3 different colours namely Fantasy Purple, Moon Rock Grey and Aurora Silver. It will hit the stores in China on the 20th of April and global markets worldwide shortly later. It is safe to say that Oppo Ace 2 will be on a lot of people's wish list due to its relatively more affordable price tag and great specifications.
8GB RAM + 128GB Storage: RM2,450 (RMB3,999)
8GB RAM + 256GB Storage: RM2,699 (RMB4,399)
12GB RAM + 256GB Storage: RM2,820 (RMB4,599)