In order to receive the Cisco certification that you desire, you will be required to take a series of exams unique to each certification. By passing these exams, professionals receive the opportunity to showcase their knowledge and ability. But you may be wondering what to expect during these exams.
- Prior to taking any Cisco Career Certification, all candidates must recognize the Confidentiality agreement provided online. If you fail to complete this step, you cannot continue with the exam and you will not receive a refund.
- Exams are timed taken in a secure environment. The majority of written exams take approximately one to two hours and lab exams generally last around eight hours.
- Exams are extremely difficult, asking candidates to problem solve in ways that resemble on the job training.
- Questions included are multiple choices; fill in the blank and simulation based problems.
- Exams will contain items that are non-scorable in order to collect data on performance on new items. These are not used in the scoring of your exam and are not reported in any section of your score report.
- At the end of the testing, the candidates will receive a report as well as a score breakdown by section. Lab exams are Pass/Fail and typically you can receive your results after 48 hours.
Taking a Cisco Certification course can be intimidating and costly, but if you are prepared with the material and the process used in testing than you will have no problems at all.