Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Saw The Fire Burnt My Neighbour's House!

This morning I woke up at 5a.m. as usual. Did some paper work and I went back to catch a short nap beside my beloved wife. Then I had this weirdest dream. I dreamt that the air conditioner unit in my room suddenly malfunctioned and exploded. There was virtually smoke everywhere and I choked. And that was when I woke up of course. Phew! Thanks goodness if was just a dream (or so I thought). But something weird happened, I could actually smell there was smoke...which I just ignored.

I made my way to the living room and grabbed something to eat! Abruptly I heard the sound of the siren. I immediately opened my door and I was utterly taken aback with what I saw. 2 enormous fire engines were in front of my house. I could see a lot of neighbours were grabbing their umbrellas and standing right in front of my home. All all eyes are focused on the house which was on FIRE!!! WHAT??? The house opposite mine is on fire! It was only 20 metres away from mine. I actually freaked out you know. I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed.

Yes! One of the houses was furiously engulfed by fire. The worse has yet to come! Since the houses here are of terrace house, the immediate neighbours are exposed to the fire too! OMG! I am damn sure all of them were terrified with the prospect of watching their homes being licked away by fire. Even I couldn't stop worrying! I prayed that God will save the family. I prayed that no one was trapped in the house.

I'm sure a lot of the people were praying too back then. God finally answered their prayers and He showed us his compassion. It started to pour! Yes! The rain "crashes" on the fire and helped the fire fighters to put them off. The firemen battled for half an hour to tame the fire. If it wasn't for the rain, I thing the outcome would be far worse! Praise God! If not of Him, we would have seen a tragic episode today.

Although the second floor of the house was badly damaged, I am sure the family is relieved that the fire didn't bring down the whole house. I was grateful too when I saw the Makcik and her grandchildren are safe and sound when I came back from work just now. :)

~First Commenter~