It was one of the most closely-fought election in the history of Malaysia. Even though the results of the election have been announced and confirmed to be official by the Election Commission, millions of Malaysians somehow feel cheated. So many dirty tactics were deployed by Barisan Nasional to retain its power. 5th of May 2013 was the day our country was robbed and our DEMOCRACY HAS BEEN RAPED! I voted to UBAH for a better Malaysia...unfortunately there were too many traitors in Malaysia. Then again here are the official results of PRU13 or GE13.
Official PRU13/GE13 Results at 4:a.m., 6th of may 2013-Parliament.
- Barisan Nasional-133
- Pakatan Rakyat-89
- Total number of Parliamentary Seats-222 (122 seats are needed to form simple majority, 148 seats are needed to garner 2/3 majority).
- At 12:50a.m., BN won 122 Parliamentary Seats to form a new government.
* Number in brackets denotes total number
Official PRU13/GE13 Breakdown Results. Click picture to enlarge.
What Happened In The 13th General Election
- Barisan Nasional has wrested back Kedah and is able to retain Perlis, Perak, Terengganu, Pahang, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan and Sabah.
- Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim retained his Permatung Pauh seat with 37, 090 votes.
- Lim Kit Siang (DAP) won in Gelang Patah, defeating Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman with a majority of 14, 762 votes.
- Tengku Adnan won the Putrajaya parliamentary seat: Tengku Adnan (BN) 9, 943 / Husam Musa (PAS) 4,402.
- Nurul Izzah Anwar (PKR) retained her Lembah Pantai seat with 1, 847 majority of votes.
- Rafizi Ramli won the Pandan perliamentary seat with a majority of 26, 729 votes.
- Khairy Jamaluddin won his Remban Parliamentary seat with a majority of 18, 357 votes.
- PAS Vice President Salahuddin Ayub was defeated by Zaini Abu Bakar (BN) for the Nusa Jaya DUN, Johor, with a majority of 2, 201 votes.
- Datuk Seri Ali Rustam (BN) was defeated by Shamsul Iskandar Mohd Akin (PKR) for the Bukit Katil Parliamentary seat with a majority of 5, 447 votes.
- Ibrahim Ali (Perkasa-Bebas) was defeated by Nik Abduh Nik Abdul Aziz in Pasir Emas with a majority of 8, 047 votes.
It was truly a sad day for all Malaysians. I am deeply hurt and upset with the official results of our 13th General Election. All of us know that fraud had happened in this election. Then again we must not give up. Even though Barisan Nasional who have deep pockets keep on using money, dirty tricks and gangterism in its bid to retain power, the people have shown that they are the Kingmakers! And congratulations to Pakatan Rakyat (PR, DAP and PAS) for winning more Parliamentary Seats (7 more compared to 2008) despite all the foul play by Barisan Nasional. We, who love democracy must soldier on for our future!